Campbell River Art Gallery
Campbell River’s (and surrounding regional districts and islands) sole public gallery since 1994 exhibits contemporary art by professional artists with a specific focus on supporting artistic projects from under-represented positions within contemporary art practice. The annual exhibition program is at the core of all the activities at the Campbell River Art Gallery, directing workshop themes, lectures, school tours, and community outreach.
Here you will find:
- Contemporary art exhibitions by professional artists;
- Programs engaging the practice of contemporary art;
- Education to advance the public’s knowledge of, and participation in artistic endeavors and art appreciation;
- A permanent collection of art exhibits for the public.
The growing collection of art exhibited here is generously housed within the Campbell River Museum.
The Campbell River Art Gallery acknowledges that it is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Ligwiłda’xw people; the We Wai Kai, Wei Wai Kum, and Kwiakah First Nations, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day. As uninvited guests to this territory, we use this acknowledgment in our gallery to highlight the enduring relationships Indigenous communities have with this land.
- There were no results found.