Situated just 14 kms south of Campbell River, British Columbia, Storey Creek Golf Club is internationally renowned for its stunningly picturesque and challenging, yet playable Les Furber designed golf course, located on the east-central coastline of Vancouver Island.
Widely publicized as ‘a Course in Nature’, golfers can expect to experience an abundance of natural beauty and tranquility amidst the old growth and second growth forest that surrounds Storey Creek Golf Club, resulting in a very unique golfing experience in nature’s back-yard. Wildlife compliments this extraordinary environment with regular sightings of deer, hawks and eagles alongside magnificent beaver ponds and streams filled with salmon, trout and water fowl. Black bears and cougars occasionally can be seen on the course as well.
Come for the golf and stay for the food or drop by to enjoy the tranquille setting while having a meal with friends. The Creekside Grill is a fully licensed restaurant with a full menu, offering a variety of traditional and healthy culinary delights and is open to the public.
Come and enjoy everything Storey Creek Golf Club and the Campbell River area has to offer.
Voted the #1 Public Course in the Province by the 2014 PGA of BC
300 McGimpsey Rd, Campbell River, BC V9H 1K8
Storey Creek Re-Opening Protocols:
We value the continued Health and Safety of our Members, Guests, Staff and Community above all else. We are addressing the challenging circumstances that the Covid-19 Pandemic has presented by adhering to the protocols set in place by the office of the Chief Medical Officer of British Columbia. It is with an abundance of caution and information communicated by the Provincial Health Office that these procedures will be implemented for the initial resumption of play.
The following are changes we have implemented to provide our Members, Guests, Staff and Community maximum safety while they play golf.
• The pro shop and clubhouse remains closed with the exception of the clubhouse washrooms.
• Clubhouse washrooms restricted to one person at a time.
• Restricting the arrival of golfers to a maximum of 15 minutes before their tee time. If arriving earlier, golfers are asked to wait in or by their vehicle.
• Restricting access to the pro shop and putting green areas to the single foursome that is within 15 minutes of their reserved tee time.
• Guest Green Fees and Power Cart rentals must be paid by credit card to the pro shop at the time of reservation, or the reservation cannot be completed. Playing partners can then settle their debts by etransfer.
• No cash transactions.
• No walk-ons permitted.
• All four names required for each reservation.
• Four days advance booking for Members. Two days advance booking for non-Members.
• The temporary closure of the driving range.
• The limitation of only one rider per power cart, unless golfers living together.
• Increasing tee time intervals to twelve minutes.
• Having an Outside Services Attendant patrolling the course and property ensuring Physical Distance is being maintained at all times.
• Turning the cups upside down so the ball only drops one inch and the flagstick doesn’t need to be touched.
• Removal of sand bottles, air hose, ball washers, bunker rakes, rental push carts, club rentals
• Limiting the number of staff working on site
• Educating staff on hand washing techniques and safety precautions We expect that YOU follow the restrictions outlined below at all times. Failure to do so will result in your being asked to leave the property and may mean that Storey Creek has to re-close the facility.
• Stay Home if you or anyone in your household have any symptoms of Covid-19 or if you have travelled within the last 14 days.
• Everyone must practice Physical Distancing by remaining a minimum of 2 metres apart at all times on Storey Creek property.
• All players must have made a Reservation in Advance. No walk-ons! • Arrive within 15 minutes of your tee time. If you arrive earlier, you must remain in/by your vehicle until the group ahead has departed the Putting Green/Pro Shop area. Once that group has departed the 1st tee, your group may then proceed to it. Please refrain from teeing off until your actual starting time to ensure correct spacing on the golf course.
• If you need assistance from Pro Shop Staff please line up 2 metres apart outside Pro Shop window.
• Washrooms are open in the clubhouse, (one person at a time), but closed on the course.
• Power Cart use is limited to one rider per cart unless living in the same household.
• Once Cart Riders have completed their round, please park carts on the gravel path below the large putting green. Remove ALL your garbage, including scorecard and pencil and leave the key in the ignition.
• Once golfers have completed their round, we ask that they exit the course by means of the right hand side of the large putting green. This negates golfers passing one another close to the clubhouse building.
• Leave the flagstick in while putting. Do not touch the flagstick.
• Do not loiter in the parking lot before or after play
• Members must clear their lockers until such a time that we can return safely.
• Golfers may not bring their own alcohol. This violates Storey Creek’s Liquor License the same as at any other time. The staff at Storey Creek will eject players from the property who ignore this.
• Do bring everything you need to play. Water, snacks etc. There is NO access to potable water at the golf course and alcohol is not available at this time.
• Use alternating parking spaces if available. Golf Course
• Since last Autumn, our Superintendent has been working with a skeleton greens crew. While not hosting golfers over the past four weeks has enabled the crew to complete several large projects, it has also meant that regular maintenance is a little behind where it usually would be. Please bear this in mind when you play the course, and if you see Rob or his team, it would mean a lot for them to hear how much you appreciate their efforts for the amount they have achieved.
• Tee box. A good practice to better enable physical distancing of two metres is for the person hitting their tee shot to be the only one on the tee box. Playing partners remain well away.
• Bunkers. Bunkers have no rakes and will be smoothed by our greens crew every second morning. Please level the sand as best you can with your foot, before placing your ball in your preferred spot. Again level the sand when exiting the bunker.
• Greens. A good practice to better enable physical distancing of two metres is for the person with the longest putt to ‘hole out’ before the next person putts. This negates everyone marking their ball in close proximity to one another.
• Ball Washers. With the ball washers being removed from the golf course, wet your towel before arriving at the golf course.
• 12th Hole. Play to a temporary green (Par 4) while the last part of the fairway germinates.
• Moist Speaking. Respectfully, we ask that before engaging in some moist speaking, you count to five, dry your palette and begin again.
Together we will get through this – Storey Creek Management